Cool water Berlin

On: 2015-09-17

I arrived in Berlin and my Indian friend takes me to a lake, Schlachtensee, to skinny dip and smoke while the sun sinks on a warm summer day that apparently followed many such days. People stroll slowly along the wooded dirt path around the lake. The aroma of barbeques wafts in on the breeze. Enstspannung pur! (We all have google translation at our fingertips… maybe this will become the new “Zeitgeist”, wer weiss?)

Swimming through the cool water tendrils of lake weeds undulate up from the dark muddy bottom and around my legs. Distant conversations echo softly over the gently rippling glassy surface. I float on my back. I left this city to go work in Pune, India ten months ago and it feels great to be here, yet I am full of uncertainty as to what it means to me. I’ll soon be traveling back to India to start preparing for the new semester.

0 comments on "Cool water Berlin"